Key Account Manager
Renew Consultancy was appointed to identify a Key Account Manager to carry out a critical role within the business.
The client challenge was due to their growth plans; they had tried recruiting themselves without success, being inundated with unsuitable CVs, and were frustrated with the lack of candidate commitment when they did find a sales professional who appealed.
The client needed an experienced Technical Sales professional who could work autonomously to grow their business in line with the business strategy and provide committed service delivery.
Key Candidate Attributes
- Capable of providing commercial and technical expertise to manage the existing client base, generate new leads, and develop new clients from End Users, Contractors & Consultants.
- Develop a stream of high-value opportunities and convert these to orders, assist in the bid submission, and the technical execution of high-value and complex rental & sales projects.
- Assume full account responsibility for particularly high-importance accounts, both new & existing.
- Responsible for reviewing clients’ detailed contractual and technical specification documents and preparing detailed contractual proposals encompassing legal, commercial, mechanical, electrical, controls, and civil design solutions.
- Attend and lead site meetings involving the client’s senior engineers & commercial staff, at all stages of the sales process, from pre-award to completion.
- Demonstrable experience of direct capital equipment sales or rental experience within the Power Industry, Engineering, Utilities &/or Public sector.
- Sound strategic thinker who can operate with a hands-on, pragmatic approach when required.
- Experience in proactively engaging customers to improve relationships for the long term and continue to drive value
Finding an experienced strategic thinker within the power generation sector, capable of generating new leads, coupled with experience in the technical execution of high-value and complex rental & sales projects.
The incumbent must be commercially aware and capable of proactively engaging customers to develop long-term relationships in a consultative manner within a competitive market.
Renew Consultancy responded by appointing our expert research team to market, map, and identify Technical Sales Engineers, Key Account Managers, and Sales Managers across the agreed geographical location with specific experience in direct capital equipment sales or rental experience within the Power Industry.
We created a list of target companies and projects and brought together a targeted list of potential candidates for the client.
Identifying the candidate
Renew Consultancy’s rigorous search methodology identified a total of 197 candidates across the Generator industry. Our tried and tested screening process resulted in a shortlist of 6 candidates for our client to interview.
The successful candidate is a technically solid and consultative sales professional with cradle-to-grave Sales Engineering, Project Management, and Account Management experience with diesel generator products. They are heavily involved with selling and delivering sustainable and long-term solutions to Data Centers and M&E Contractors.
They are experienced in managing and developing Key Accounts & funding new business opportunities, renewing relationships, and delivering results!
About Renew Consultancy
Renew Consultancy is recognized as a key partner for executive hiring for owners/operators, service providers, and specialists in on-site Energy Generation.
Through behavioral and technical assessment, we identify professionals for career-defining opportunities by analyzing their attributes and potential through a situational lens.
With significant experience across the Power Generation industry, our team brings expertise in executive search, market intelligence, and career advisory services.